Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Allow me to introduce myself.

Hey everybody!

My name is Cassandra Roland, but most people know me by Candy and others call me, Candice. You can call me by either name, it quite amuses me how uncomfortable people are with calling me Candy. The fact that I am from Nevada adds a little more humor to the nickname. The nickname Candy came from my Grandpa, who was very ill when my twin and I were very young. He had trouble saying so Cassandra and Miranda, so instead he nicknamed us Candy and Mandy.

I am a communications major with a mass emphasis. I chose this major because I learned while in college I really enjoy watching the news and one evening I thought to myself, while watching the news of course, how fun of a job that would be. So here I am. I currently am a senior in college, but have three more years of scholarship, so I’m taking advantage of that and being a super senior two times over! Most likely I will pursue doing a double major.

I did a lot of traveling this summer. I lived in Guatemala for a month exploring the country and the Spanish language.












Afterwards I made my way back up to Alaska for a round two at my summer job working for a railroad company. 






Needless to say it was a very eventful summer and I wish I would have had a week home before returning back to school, but I am happy to be here.

Some exciting things going on currently in my life are I am a part of the Dixie Sun News this semester, so don’t forget to check us out and I will very shortly begin my tryout for the Women’s basketball team.


Couple things I love to do are tan, hike, cook, Snapchat and about everything else in between. In most cases I will try anything once. I am also a professional iphone photographer….Just kidding but I can get some pretty great pictures with that little camera. Although I am wanting to expand my knowledge in photography and video.


I’m a little nervous for this course, but excited to see how it will go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment