Thursday, December 10, 2015

Subconscious exposure to directors


It was hard to find a potential pattern for me in maybe directors I subconsciously watched. One reason is time and another is access. Since college life has gotten a lot busier and I also have never owned a Netflix account, nor has my family so we are a bit behind in the times.

I never really followed favorite directors or really was even aware of who directed what films, but I mostly followed favorite actors. If there was a film that had an actor I liked, I tried to watch it. Of course Will Smith, is one of my all time favorites, but whose's isn't he and I really enjoy Sandra Bullock.

  • Joe Johnson-  Captain America: First Avenger and Honey I Shrunk the Kids
  • Christoper Nolan- Batman Begins, The Dark Knight (all time fav)
  • Tim Story- Think like a man
  • Andy Tennant- Hitch, It Takes Two
  • Grabriele Muccino- The Pursuit of Happyness 
  • Francis Lawerence- I am Legend, Hunger Games series
  • Donald Petrie- Miss Congeniality and How to Lose a guy in 10 days
  • Anne Fletcher- The proposal, 27 dresses, Step-up 
  • Jessie Nelson- I am Sam

I didn't find too many patterns in the wide variety of genres I watch, but maybe I would have if I would have paid attention to director sooner. Anyways, Anne Fletcher appears to pretty poplar having three films I have seen directed by her that I thoroughly enjoyed and director Donald Petrie with his films of "I am Legend" and his recent series of Hunger Games, which I can't wait to watch the newest in the series!

I definitely want to start paying more attention to not only the actors, but directors too, because you never you know who you might run into along the way. Definitely been insightful and hopefully will continue to be so as I catch up on all the good films I seem to have miss as we talk in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment